9 September 2005

Bronwyn Bishop, stage hypnotist

"Look into my eyes. Look into my eyes. The eyes. The eyes. Not around the eyes. Don’t look around my eyes. Look into my eyes... And you’re under."


"Now, in an ideal society you don’t ban anything. But this has really been forced on us because what we’re really seeing in our country is a clash of cultures and indeed, the headscarf is being used as a sort of iconic item of defiance."

"Oh, of course, except for people like these:


"Now repeat after me: Cor-blimey-g'day-mate-'owyagarn-awright?-don't-come-the-raw-prawn-with-me-sport-point-percy-at-the-porcelain-strain-the-potatoes-girt-by-sea-waltzing-matilda-no-thanks-I-won't-be-needing-a-labor-how-to-vote-card."

"Three, two, one... you’re back in the room."

2 comments:

I am the Queen of EVERYTHNG...OK!! said...

She is one scary scary lady, but too Thatcher-esque for my liking.

Crritic! said...

Yes indeed. Like a great white shark.

I encounter this woman in my work from time to time, and I can confirm she has a disdainful look that could break concrete at fifty paces. She also smells strongly of talcum powder.