1 February 2006

What I did on my holidays

Still jetlagged several days after arriving home, I’m beginning to suspect the symptoms might be more than just physical. The impact of a trip like that has hit me hard and I just hope I haven’t kicked off some early mid-life crisis, with ordinary life appearing very uninspiring now that I’m back at work.

To explain, I’ve just had a month of concentrated sensation, travelling through most of Italy, some of Switzerland, and a little bit of the United Kingdom, inhaling art and a good deal of second hand smoke.

I’m not even going to begin to put down a comprehensive report of what I saw, what I did and what I thought of it all. The very idea makes me tired. Except to say that my belief that art is a noble calling, and needless to say, a worthy and meaningful way to spend one’s short life, was confirmed with interest.

2 comments:

I am the Queen of EVERYTHNG...OK!! said...

Welcome back...did you REALLY need confirmation of a fact you already knew...or just wanted to get up close a personal with some of the art and feel the aura for yourself???? Hope you enjoyed yourself...JETLAG SUXS but could be the result of secong hand smke also

Guruann said...

Welcome back, don't forget we need to get tickets for Split Enz