23 March 2006

Russian ghost towns

This came via GoodShit, which I've been reluctant to place as a link here, only because it usually contains some adult-ish content, but things like this make him worthy of commendation.

GoodShit is actually quite a weird site, putting links to articles about arts, sciences and history next to girlie pictures. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

He seems to have a thing for abandoned places, since this is merely the latest in a whole series. It appeared as a link to a Russian website. I can't tell you what it's called, since I can't read Russian, nor even who the photographer is, which is a pity since many of the pictures are extremely strange, sad and beautiful. I couldn't help but think of Pompeii.


I'm not even really sure where this is, though as an educated guess I'd say it's in the Ukraine, somewhere in the vicinity of Chernobyl.

Let's talk about nuclear power as a viable, safe and sustainable energy source, shall we?

2 comments:

I am the Queen of EVERYTHNG...OK!! said...

Very very sad pics, and the last pic with the reddish stain on the building is reminisant of a bloodstain, the empty, broken playground make is even more poignant.

I am the Queen of EVERYTHNG...OK!! said...

Yah for the nukes it'll solve all our energy crisis'.....NOT.